Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Introducing Me

Hi, I’m Sylvia McGhan, I’m 17 years old. I was raised on a small farm. We had a large garden, animals, and lots of responsibility. Although I had my chores I still had lots of free time, and when I was younger I loved spending it with my brothers, playing in the hay mow or using our imagination to go back in time to the old west. Although I still love hanging out with my brothers, we don’t usually go back in time anymore. When I do spend time alone its usually to go up to my room, flip the country music station on and write.  When I was little we didn’t have a television, so I grew up loving to read at an early age.  Reading would take me anywhere and I could be anything I wonted to be in my books. The more I read the more I realized I wanted to be a writer. I started writing short stories and I realized that I had a gift for putting words together. A year and a half ago I came up with the plot for my first novel. I started writing and the book took on a life of its own. I thank God daily that he gave me this gift, and I thank my family, especially my grandma who encouraged me and still encourages me to keep following my dream.


4 comments: